Friday, November 28, 2008

a very happy Thanksgiving...

It was a great holiday spent with wonderful friends.  We were graciously invited by our good friends and neighbors, Laura & Bryan for dinner.  It was DELISH!  I love spending the holidays pregnant - the good stage anyway, 2nd trimester - (this is my SECOND year in a row and I'm LOVIN' it).  Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful evening.  When there isn't family close by, it's such a blessing to have friends and neighbors surrounding you with the love and support of family.

Then today, we took the kids on the bikes/trailers down to Newport for some Wahoo's & 10 miles of peddling!!  Luckily, the way home was MUCH easier (WITH the wind) than the way there... I seriously thought my legs were going to fall off.  Oh the burn of the quads... reminding me how long it's been since I did ANY sort of exercise... pathetic!  The kids loved it anyway, and Rowan's favorite part was playing at the playground we parked next to while Daddy packed up the bikes... 
I can't take credit for these pictures... Mark has an EYE for photography... he's my missing LINK!  I accidentally get the shots that Mark purposefully takes.  He doesn't know the technical stuff or photoshop (I told him, I can handle that...) but he's the true artist... what a secret weapon he'd be if he learned it all!!!  Mom... get your teacher's cap on this Christmas... if we can tear Mark away from the snowmobiling with Dad, we might be able to teach him a few photo tricks...
Yes, Rowan... we have to go home now.
The boys of Thanksgiving.... Mason, Ethan, & Rowan.  I think Rowan had the time of his life running around with these 2 all night!  He was never without his smile or giggle... He only ate corn, pie, and ice cream.  I, on the other hand, had everything.  

What a great weekend it's been... and I love that there's 2 more days left... Tomorrow, we'll be painting the GIRLS' room, "creamy strawberry", watch for pix to come!!

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

So so fun! Love the pictures Kristy! You're doing great with this photoshop thing! Miss you guys! ;)

Alyssa said...

oops! I mean good job Mark! Haha sorry for giving Kristy all the credit.

Anonymous said...

i want you to take some pictures of my family- email me ;) I know you are not a "professional"- but i love your work ;)

Katie said...

Are you still using photoshop elements? or did you upgrade? Love the texture...still can't figure out how to apply my textures. Any advice? Great pictures Kristy!

Karen Anderson said...

I have to say that Mark has a knack for photography.
Competition for the old mother in law. Rowen looks like he was having a good turkey day on Grandma's birthday. Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas.
Mark - congrats for the new motorbike. Your father in law is really excited. Next summer!!!!!!

The Phillips Family said...

We loved having you all share in our Thanksgiving meal and my father-in-law is still raving about your cooking. Glad that you all had a good time/

Dawn said...

Hi Christy! I just saw your blog through Mike and Rachel's--stalker!! Darling! I'm totally adding you to my friend links-you're such a talented photographer!

kam said...

What a sweet boy and your Sarah...to die for. How are you BFF?

shell said...

little Roan is so cute!!! buy yourself the "Tracy Anderson post pregnancy" workout video. my stepsister gave it to me and it is seriously - OUT OF THIS WORLD. KILLER ON THE ABS AND BUT AND ARMS. ALL i had 3 kids in 3 years (a little more space than you) and now I love it. they sort of all grow up together. it will come soon enough. congrats to you!!!

Lucrecia said...

Such fun pictures! Mark really does have an eye for photography! But so do you:) I can't wait to see pictures of your girls room. So fun!

Unknown said...

gREAT JOB!!! You need to go into photography professionally.