Monday, August 13, 2007

grandma's cake

believe me, despite it's creative terabithian looks - it really was the best cake i'd ever eaten... visit my idaho post to read about this delicious disaster.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does look delicious! I love a good cake! I am glad you are feeling better too and I am loving the blog's new look!

Anonymous said...

Very hip new blog! Uhmm, how do I say this? The picture TOTALLY lives up to your description. I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed...nope...just as awesome as you promised. That picture will bring your family many laughs for years to come!!

Liz said...

Wow, I am truly impressed by this cake. Like Megan said, you did not disappoint! And Your new blog title is gorgeous! Have we been demoted from "Friend" to "Ward Member"? (haha, just kidding)

Alyssa said...

Love the cake. That's so awesome! I think it'd be so fun to have a birthday cake like that.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

I swear I remember more stuff on it - but maybe I just looked at it too long while we were there - and remember the plate with all the sugar peices on it! Oh so funny! It was very delicious cake though - I kind of want some right now....

ej said...

That is too funny! It looks like it must have taken her forever to decorate it- she did get a little crazy with her 'meadow' scenes all over...but at least her heart was in the right place, and it tasted yummy-right? :)

Chrissy said...

I am lucky to get a cake to even look edible, I need some lessons

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

Kristy,

Sorry for the slow response! Yes, we definitely need to meet because we really do know all the same people. Suzanne was just telling me you are running the D-land 1/2 marathon...I am too! It's my first, so I am kind of stressing! Anyway, we need to meet asap!

Love,

Katie

Anonymous said...

So I got a Cannon Digital XTI. I spent forever online reading reviews, going into Ritz, talking to friends and I'm liking it so far but like you said I'm totally confused. I only have the one lens right now but before the end of the week I want to get another so that I can get better shots for Greece. Anyway, I would love to spend an afternoon with you because I'm sure you are WAY ahead of me. And I remember you talking about trying to figure out lighting...I think I'm going to be happy just working with natural light for the time being. It's kind of funny that we have so much in common: the avenues, people that we know, pharma, love of cherry choco cake...now if Scott were just English:>

Anonymous said...

loved gabbing with you and I'm excited to get the 'bargain portrait lens.' You are so sweet/hilarious and I can't wait for our fashion shoot next week!! Can you say Magnum?

Katie said...

Okay I'm rolling at megan's post about magnum! I love that. I told her Tay can be a model for her. I'm all about that! And so sorry it's taken me an eternity to look at your cute new blog. i love it! So creative - you are. I really need to just call you martha jr. Love it all! By the way, Jay and I are thinking of going to the beach Friday. What do you say? Wanna be a third wheel? But seriously...I really would love for you and Rowan to come. I'll invite whoever, we're just taking advantage of his time off.

Adrienne said...

kristy that cake is hilarious, and what is even funnier is you describing its "terabithian" looks...have I ever used that word in my life? Lol!

So yes, no marathon for me. I am so bummed but what can you do. What sucks even more is that my family is coming into to town on Labor DAy to take some friends of ours from Germany to D-land and Sea World. So they could have come and watched, adn then we could have spent the day up there. But alas, it is not to be. No, I have not sworn off pools and would love to go again. But we're around all next week as well, so if you get bored home alone, call me. It will be our goal to hang out at least once before the summer is over!